Tuesday, August 01, 2006

So why aren't Angelenos better looking?

In which we get our harrumph! on about LA's creepiest obsession



Clearly, I need a hobby. This morning I was thumbing through the LA Weekly, which is sometimes a good paper, when I got to counting the ads for plastic surgery and other cosmetic treatments. Out of 188 pages, 25 featured ads for cosmetic treatments of one type or another, including rhinoplasty, liposuction, botox injection, hair removal and hair restoration (go figure), breast augmentation, chin, pec, calf and buttock(!) implants, eye lifts, dermabrasion, permanent make-up, teech whitening, straightening, de-gaping, capping and re-filing and more.

harrumph!

1 Comments:

Blogger Chris C. said...

It's an ugly town, man. It attracts ugly people.

I got my own lovely self out of there as quickly as possible. I advise anyone else with the slightest ration of beauty in their soul to do the same.

10:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home