Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Santa Monica Boulevardier

In which we meet a natty nabob and his lovely lady


I came across this couple on Santa Monica BLVD during my bike ride from my place in Studio City to Venice Beach and back last Sunday. (Yeah, that's about 35 miles.)

I wouldn't call this eccentric chap a dandy exactly, but he and his gal were a kick to look at. And yes, those are spats. Denim spats, I think. The fellow had an accent so I asked where he was from. He said, "Europe, originally," as if being an American I naturally couldn't possibly find Belgium or Romania on a map. (Though seeing that this was Santa Monica his assumption probably wasn't that out of line. This seaside city's surfeit of surf and sun seems to balanced by a positive paucity of worldly perspective.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home