Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Hey! I can see my new house from here...

In which M2, moving into new digs, gives you a glimpse from above.


All good things must come to an end, eventually; The Bunnee has decided to move on and persue her dreams alone. For me that means a fresh start -- and a new apartment. After looking at a lot of typically ugly L.A. dumps, I found the ideal place quite by chance. It's in Studio City, my favorite 'hood in the Valley. On the corner of Vineland and Fruitland (don't start!), the building was built in the 1950s on property that was part of the old Lankershim homestead. In fact, the Lankershim house still stands at the back of the lot, according to the landlord. Just a block away from Ventura BLVD and in the lee of the Hollywood Hills, the apartment is quiet and shady, with losts of greenery outside. I think I'll be quite content there.

Take a look-see, courtesy Google Satellite.

1 Comments:

Blogger LA City Nerd said...

Congrats on your new digs. To add to your post and to connect to the Daily News feature on Forest Lawn, I wanted to let you know that Mr. J.B. Lankershim is buried not in a cemetary, but at Mulholland and Lankershim. So, just a few blocks up (south) the hill, you can find the original owner of the Homestead you see at the back of the property, according to your landlord. Look for a marker on the south side of Mulholland. Also, his original library, a seperate building, is no now located at the Anbdres Pico Adobe in Mission Hills (which is actually an L.A. City Rec & Parks facility).

4:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home